Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Friday, November 02, 2007

Bravo!

From the diocese of Pittsburgh's website (hat tip to Stand Firm).

The Most Revd Katharine Jefferts Schori
Episcopal Church Center
New York, New York

Dear Katharine,

Here I stand. I can do no other. I will neither compromise the Faith once delivered to the saints, nor will I abandon the sheep who elected me to protect them.

Pax et bonum in Christ Jesus our Lord,
+Bob Pittsburgh

(Update: Delightfully, the Episcopal Life [ENS] story including this letter is entitled "Pittsburgh bishop declines Presiding Bishop's offer of reconciliation"!)

UPDATE: PITTSBURGH passed the first reading of their amendment to remove their "accession clause" to TEC's constitution today by an overwhelming margin! From Stand Firm:

Lay total 177
for 118
against 58
abstain 1
That is almost 67% in favor.

Clergy total 133
for 109
against 24
abstain 0
That is almost 82% in favor!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Said clearly and succinctly. Abe Lincoln would be proud!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Devon W said...

My hats off, as it were. I long for such conviction to become commonplace.

4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes and amen! Looking forward to reading and hearing the words of your own bishop at Ft. Worth's diocesan convention soon. Praying for ya'll!

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats