Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Saturday, April 04, 2009

SVS Seventh Grade at "Medieval Times"

As a fun part of my instruction of St. Vincent's School's seventh graders in the history of medieval Europe, I took them on a field trip to Medieval Times--Dinner and Tournament in Dallas yesterday. A good time was had by all. Special thanks to the anonymous donor who picked up the entire tab for our group, and to the two volunteer parent drivers who paid for everyone to have a copy of a photograph of the kids and I in costume (in the "official version" the green screen was turned into a medieval great hall, but my father, Randy, took the photo above in their "studio.")
As part of their studies, each student will write a short paper inspired by the visit. Topics approved include "The History of Jousting," "Medieval Clothing," "Women in Feudal Society," "Food and Kitchens in the Middle Ages," and "Heraldry." I look forward to reading these papers immensely! Good luck, friends. Work hard!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Archer of the Forest said...

Medieval Times is a hoot. We went one time when I was in seminary, and all my classmates wore our cassocks. The Medieval Times folks hammed that up like nobody's business.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats