Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Thanks to the Waco Anglican Fellowship

My father and I had a delightful time this evening worshiping with the members of the Waco Anglican Fellowship. I was honored to celebrate Holy Eucharist with about 25 faithful Anglicans (including half a dozen children) in a room made available by Meadowbrook Baptist Church. Following the service a couple of members who serve at Baylor University showed us around a portion of their campus, including a beautiful, Anglican-style college chapel (which, btw, would be a wonderful place to worship some day!). Finally my father and I were invited to participate in a lovely fellowship dinner at one family's home.

Thanks to all the members of the fellowship for making Pop and I feel so much at home. I very much hope to be able to join you for worship again very soon.

I hope any readers in the greater Waco area looking for an orthodox Anglican church would consider joining this thriving fellowship on Saturday nights at 5PM for worship at Meadowbrook Baptist in Robinson. They may be contacted here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Pro Ecclesia Pro Texana said...

Thanks to Fr Randall and his Dad for coming down to Waco. We were moved and edified by Randall's+ winsome servant leadership, faithful preaching of the Word, and moving celebration of the Eucharist as our local body of believers partook in the Body and Blood of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

It will be our honor, Lord willing, to have him back again.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Thanks for the kind word, Pro Ecclesia. It was an honor to serve with your community. Everyone at St. Vincent's was excited to hear my report at Adult Forum this morning. I hope your fellowship will come to think of the cathedral as a "big sister" here to help in any way we can.

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Jeff said...

It was splendid to have you with us, Fr. Foster! The Eucharist was obviously a great blessing, but so was your sermon. It was great to hear the voices of the Fathers in your sermon combined with an evangelical appeal to commit ourselves to Christ. Thanks!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats