Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Gregorian Chant Institute

I thought I would pass along word of an opportunity some readers might find of interest. Last summer I attended the Gregorian Chant Institute at St. Joseph's College, Indiana, which is taught by Fr Larry Heiman, an internationally known expert in the field. It was a marvelous experience for me last summer. The course focuses on chant performance based on the earliest good manuscripts and is oriented toward worship. We chanted at daily Mass every day. More info can be found at here . The fee for an auditor, I believe, is less than $400 for the entire week, which includes a single room and three good meals per day. It is a great opportunity. I am going back this year. Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there any place in the Dallas/Fort Worth area a person can take classes in this Gregorian Chant?

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats