Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

The New Paganism at Christ Church Cathedral, Vancouver


Having just completed a course on "Christianity and Eastern Religions" at St. Vincent's, I couldn't help but notice what Mr. Fox is up to now (thanks to titusonenine). He will help the good people of Canada "dance their divine sparks into Flames" and "revive their Earth Spirit Connection." (Would that be more Taoism or Shinto?) His Cosmic Mass seems a perfect manifestion of what Peter Kreeft has called "the new paganism." Of course, the fact that it is happening at an Anglican cathedral will surprise no one. Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just old enough to remember the sixties and this reminds me of the kind of garbage that went on back then. Sigh, do we really have to relive the experimental nonsense of that era all over again?

8:35 PM  
Blogger FrRon said...

Wow...

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats