Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

St. Vincent's Fall Family Festival 2005

Today we celebrated St. Vincent's Family Festival 2005, featuring our famous Chili Cook-off. The day started with the 5K Chili Trot run. Later there was a live band, a climbing tower, a bouncing house, and first rate dining outside. My impression is that turn out was excellent. The weather was spectacular and a good time was had by all.

Here is a typical chili booth, featuring the work of the Jackson family. Good stuff! I believe there were about eight chilis in the competition. A buck worth of tickets purchased a bowl of good eating at each booth.

There were games for the smallest kids in the church's courtyard, and a cake walk in the parish hall. This was the St. Vincent's family at its best.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man! I hate missing the Chili Cookoff! I can smell it from here though.

We did have a good turnout for the Lavabo Bowl here in Nashotah, however. I'm proud to say that the Black Monks did prevail against the Seabury Saints in a nail biter game by a score of 19-14. Fun was had by all.

Pax,
Chad Nusbaum

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my best memories of my all-to-brief sojourn in Texas was learning what real Texas chili tastes like. I hope you spooned some up for me!

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay

1:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It seems I'm on the right track, I hope I can do well. The result was something I did and was doing to implement it.
www.clickjogosclick.com

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats