Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Home Again, Home Again


Father Larry Heiman, CPPS (pictured above), leads the Gregorian Chant Institute at Saint Joseph's College in Indiana. He has been on the faculty of St. Joe's since 1940. Fr. Larry is one of the world's leading authorities on the paleography of early chant manuscripts and the performace of Gregorian chant in its earliest idiom.

This was my second year to participate in the Institute. It proved to be a wonderful experience for me. After the Institute concluded I remained on campus for a few extra days as a spiritual retreat. Thanks be to God for a safe return home last night. Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

His belt is crooked.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Sartorial splendor is not Fr Larry's strong suit, but he is fond of color-coordinated Gatorade and sweater combinations.

Fr Larry suffers now from osteoporosis and you would think that he wouldn't be able to make it through a full week and one half of serious chant teaching and conducting, but once he starts directing a schola he comes alive. His chironomy is like ballet.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats