Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

It Is Official, My Friends

My most sincere thanks to all those who have kept my ordination discernment process in their prayers for the last few years. Today, fully seven years after I first inquired of my rector about entering the discernment process, I have official news to report:

This morning a letter arrived at my home from the Rt. Rev. Jack Leo Iker, bishop of Fort Worth, informing me that, God willing, he will ordain me to the sacred order of Deacons in Christ's One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church on March 3rd at St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas, at 10 AM. May God grant me grace to carry out that ministry effectively.

I would be deeply honored if any readers of this blog should choose to attend.

Thanks again for all your support and prayers, my friends. May God bless you all.

13 Comments:

Blogger David said...

May God's blessings be with you.

10:10 AM  
Blogger The Archer of the Forest said...

Congratulations...

Sadly, I will have to be in virtual attendence.

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I know this is quite a relief. I will have to watch from the UK if Common Anglican films it!!!

Every blessing on your ministry!

Jeffrey (meam commemorationem)

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God's Peace to you, brother!

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Randall!

Jay

4:01 PM  
Blogger gwb said...

Well done, Tex. You will be a fantastic Deacon - and an even better priest. God willing, I will be there.

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Randall. God has blessed us all with your presents. My family and I will of course be there, except Britt as she will still be at U of C. But she I'm sure will be with you in spirit that day. We take great pride in your ministry.

Rudy

6:40 PM  
Blogger The Bovina Bloviator said...

God's rich blessings upon you, sir and congratulations! You are certainly worthy of both.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Fr Timothy Matkin said...

I guess I can say this now, after the fact. As one of the examiners for canonicals (in canon law), it was a challenge to come up with a question that you didn't know the answer to.

Congratulations and many blessings.

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Randall. AGH @SMSL&B

8:07 PM  
Blogger John J. O'Sullivan™ said...

Congratulations; and God's blessings on your future ordination!

Pax,
-j

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will most certainly film it and take pictures, Jeff. Since I've met Randall, I felt like his journey to the priesthood was closely tied in with mine, as he helped me get to St. Vincent's about a year ago. We've been good friends ever since and I'm honored to be his friend.

Randall will no doubt make an excellent deacon and a fine priest. I look forward to many years of working alongside the future Fr. Foster!

Blessings Randall. I'm glad you had a good time at Nashotah last week, but I'm more glad you are home.

- Andy

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Randall.
I know you have worked long and hard for this.
-Becky Jo

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats