Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Which Church Father are You?

This is a fun page to visit. Take a short quiz and find out which Church Father you most closely resemble. Hat tip to Theology of the Body.
The image above is of the ancient site of Sardis.




You’re St. Melito of Sardis!



You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.



Find out which Church Father you are at The Way of the Fathers!





6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. I pretended I was a man and took the quiz, and guess what? I'm Melito of Sardis too! ;) (Forwarded it to a couple of "church fathers" including my rector!)

12:44 AM  
Blogger Father Lee Nelson, SSC said...

I'm Melito of Sardis, too.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Interesting. I wonder if there is a diagnostic characteristic between traditionalist Anglicans and RC's that breaks down into a Melito vs. Justin distinction in the quiz? MM over at TotB implies Justin Martyr was the most common diagnosis there (reflecting RC commitments, perhaps?). But Melito seems to be the norm here. Curious.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took the quiz and changed different answers. But, when I said that my "failing" was Liturgical conservativism, no matter what else I changed, there I am in Melito.

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

St Justin the Martyr!! Odd man out?

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fr. Melito too!

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats